TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Booking and Rescheduling : 25% of your payment of your session is due to book your session date. The remaining 75% is due at the time of the session. It is required of all sessions, and is nonrefundable, with the exception of bad weather dates for outdoor sessions. Britani will be the one to decide whether or not the scheduled session will move forward in the cases of inclement weather. Clients are permitted to a rescheduled session if rescheduling request is made at least 4 hours before the session. After one permitted rescheduling, any further rescheduling will require an additional booking fee of $75 to hold your spot. Unless, the reschedule is due to inclement weather. In which case, there will be no additional booking fee. Mini sessions may only be rescheduled on weekdays.
- Sole Photographer During Session : During your photography session with Britani Dostal, the Photographer (Britani) will be the only person permitted to take photos.
- Facebook Sharing and Other Social Media : It is understandable that the Client might want to post their new photographs on the Internet via Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Instagram, and/or any other social media outlets. This agreement will serve to allow posting low-resolution or high-resolution photos to social media sites, only in the case that Britani Dostal Photography is credited and that photos are not altered with editing or filters. You are permitted to click the “share” button on any photos posted to Britani Dostal Photography’s facebook page.
- Edits : Britani reserves the right to edit and release only the images that are deemed creditable in quality and within her standards. The photographer enhances photos via corrections to contrast, lighting, and color, etc. Britani does not change any inherent qualities of a person, as it is considered a "cosmetic edit." Cosmetic Edits are available at $100/photo. Cosmetic edits include, but are not limited to: removing unwanted facial hair, adding hair to balding head, changing hair color, changing shape of nose, eyes, body, etc. It is requested the client take care of all cosmetic changes before the shoot if they do not wish to have gray hair, facial hair, etc in final photos.
- Copyright and Reproductions : Britani shall own the copyright on all images created and shall have the exclusive right to make reproductions and edits of any kind. The Photographer shall only make reproductions for the Client or for the Photographer’s portfolio, samples, self-promotions, entry in photographic contests or art exhibitions, editorial use, website, or for display within or on the outside of the Photographer’s studio.
- Deposit and Payment : The Client shall make a 25% payment to retain the Photographer to perform the services specified herein. At such time as this order is completed, the retainer shall be applied and Client shall pay the balance due by the time of the session (in the case of travel fees or additional hours). Balance shall be paid in full before or at the session for the service to be provided. Britani accepts cash, checks, PayPal, venmo, and all major credit cards. A $50.00 fee will be imposed for any returned checks. Taxes and any travel fees are not included in the session prices and will be applied.
- Client’s Usage : The Client is obtaining photography services for personal use only, and shall not sell said prints. If Client is obtaining a print for newspaper announcement of the wedding, editorial use or website, Photographer authorizes Client to reproduce the print in this manner. In such event, Client shall run a credit for the Photographer adjacent to the photograph. If Client is obtaining photography services for commercial use, Client shall give photographer credit where applicable, and agree to post advertisements and/or business cards on behalf of The Photographer at their place of business. Client is never permitted to edit or alter any photo that is copyright of Britani Dostal.
- Inherent Qualities : Client is aware that color dyes in photography may fade or discolor over time due to the inherent qualities of dyes as well as DVD or CD media which may deteriorate due to delamination and oxidation, and Client releases Photographer from any liability for any claims whatsoever based upon the deterioration due to such inherent qualities. Additionally, The Photographer is not responsible for inevitable low-quality resulting from Client printing from any and all non-professional printing labs, including, but not limited to Walmart, Walgreens, Target, CVS, etc. It is to be noted that Britani suggests printing from professional printing labs.
- Failure to Perform : If the Photographer cannot perform this Agreement due to a fire or other casualty, strike, act of God, or other cause beyond the control of the parties, or due to Photographer’s illness, the Client and Photographer shall try and reschedule if possible. If a reschedule is not an option, then the Photographer shall return the session fee to the Client but shall have no further liability with respect to the Agreement. This limitation on liability shall also apply in the event that photographic materials are damaged in processing, lost through camera malfunction, lost in the mail, or otherwise lost or damaged without fault on the part of the Photographer. In the event the Photographer fails to perform for any other reason, the Photographer shall not be liable for any amount in excess of the retail value of the Client’s order.
- Portrait Care : Handle your portraits with extreme care. Damage incurred as a result of improper handling, framing or hanging is the responsibility of the client.
- Safety : Britani reserves to right to terminate coverage and this contract, and leave the location of the event(s) if the photographer representing Britani experiences inappropriate, threatening, hostile or offensive behavior from person(s) at the event(s). In such circumstances, the retainer fee and any deposits paid will be non-refundable.
- Severability : If any provision of this agreement is held to be invalid or unenforceable under the law, the validity of this agreement as a whole shall not be affected, and the other provisions of the agreement shall remain in full force and effect.
- Miscellaneous : This Agreement incorporates the entire understanding of the parties. Any modifications of this Agreement must be in writing and signed. Any waiver of a breach or default hereunder shall not be deemed a waiver of a subsequent breach or default of either the same provision or any other provision of this Agreement. This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the States of Michigan.
- Lateness : Any tardiness to your session will cut into your session time. Sessions will begin on the scheduled, agreed upon time. If you are ten minutes late to your fifteen minute session, you will have five minutes of remaining session time, as an example. You are always welcome to reschedule or book extra time.
BRITANI DOSTAL PHOTOGRAPHY GIVES CLIENT PERMISSION TO POST THEIR IMAGES ONTO THEIR SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORMS (I.E. FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, TWITTER, ETC.) ONLINE BLOGS, ETC. AS LONG AS PROPER CREDIT TO "BRITANI DOSTAL PHOTOGRAPHY" IS GIVEN.
FB: @britanidostalphotography || Instagram : @britani_dostal